Introduction to Residence Permit
1. International students who plan to study at ZJGU for more than one year (including one year) are to apply for an “X” visa. Those who plan to study at ZJGU for less than half a year (including half a year) are to apply for an “F” visa.
2. International students with an “X” visa are required to apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days after their arrival in China. Those who live off-campus are required to apply for a Registration Form of Temporary Residence at the local police station. Please bring with you the following items when applying for the Residence Permit:
(1). your passport with current visa
(2). a filled-out Visa and Residence Permit Application Form with your photo (light blue or white-background) and the stamp of International Students Department on it.
(3). The official letter issued by ZJGU indicating your study period and your original Admission Notice and original copy of JW201/JW202 Form.
(4). Foreigner’s Health Certificate issued by Zhejiang International Travel Health Center (This is for those who is above 18 years or apply for the Residence Permit for the first time).
(5). Original Registration Form of Temporary Residence ( Those living off-campus need to bring a copy of it as well)
(6). Those with “L” or “F” visa need to present the Admission Notice, JW201or JW202, and the official letter issued by ZJGU indicating your study period.
3. You may also apply for the Permit by yourself at the Administrative Department of Entry-Exit of Hangzhou Public Security Bureau (Address: No.35, Huaguang Road, Hangzou, Tel: +86-571-87280185) with the above-mentioned materials.
4. The Residence Permit is valid for less than a year (and will automatically turn invalid if your passport expires). The validity of scholarship students’ Residence Permit depends on their scholarship and that of self-supporting students depends on their tuition period. You have to leave China when your visa is due, therefore if you are to continue your study in China after the due day, you should apply for visa extension before it expires.
5. Any information alteration in your Residence Permit should be reported to the Administrative Department of Entry-Exit of Hangzhou Public Security Bureau within 10 days as of the alteration happens. Failure in observing the regulations will result in a legal punishment.
6. Students who have already got a Residence Permit in another city before coming to Hangzhou need to report to the Administrative Department of Entry-Exit of Hangzhou Public Security Bureau for the permit transference upon your arrival in Hangzhou within 7 days